Thursday, September 1, 2011

Web design portfolios and how to use them to find a job...

 
Here is a good article for web designers to help in putting together a good portfolio. Most companies I recruit for expect to see links to online portfolios on resumes. I don't know if you always want to do that though. I helped a designer find a job and the company demanded to see his online portfolio. He did not have one because most of it was proprietary. I think it caused more intrigue with the company.

From my candidates perspective he just wanted to explain the story behind the design, because every client is different and so is every clientele. In the end, my candidate got the job. I think part of that was because he didn't just allow anyone to interpret his online portfolio without understanding what they're looking at.

Most people won't buy something if you just throw out a price. They'll almost always say it's too expensive, unless they already understand the value of the product. Make sure employers know the value of your portfolio before you just throw it out there.

http://www.linkedin.com/news?viewArticle=&articleID=717892156&gid=142890&type=member&item=67083180&articleURL=http%3A%2F%2Fuxmag.com%2Fstrategy%2F7-steps-to-a-kick-ass-ux-portfolio&urlhash=zn5k&goback=.gde_142890_member_67083180

No comments:

Post a Comment