Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Do NOT go out with guns a blazing!


Here's a tip on dealing with rejection in your job search. Learn to bow out gracefully. Do NOT go out with guns a blazing!

It's never good to burn a bridge so don't. It's especially not good to burn a bridge if it's the only way out of town. I have interviewed several folks that were also interviewing at other companies where I know people in HR. You have to be careful because you never know who knows who.

The same holds true for me. I don't burn bridges with candidates. I may find them a perfect fit for another position in the future. It's also possible that they could be instrumental in helping me find a job in the future.

Be professional and bow out gracefully. You are in control of your own PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment