Friday, January 27, 2012

Tip for connecting on LinkedIn


I receive a lot of invitations on LinkedIn. I also send out a lot of invitations. When you send out an invitation make sure you add a brief personable explanation as to what your purpose is. There's a couple reasons why.

First, it's rude not to. Don't be rude by not explaining yourself. Especially, if the person you're trying to connect with doesn't know you from Adam. Would you go up to a person and talk business without introducing yourself? No. The same goes online. It's no different if you're a professional. So be professional.


Second, how will they know how to help you? I enjoy connecting people with others and helping out where I can. I can't do that if I don't know you or your intentions.


Help yourself out, drop a line to the folks you're connecting with on LinkedIn. You'll get a lot more positive responses.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment