Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some questions to ask in the interview

  1. What happened to the person who previously did this job? (if a new position: How has this job been performed in the past?
  2. Why did you choose to work here? What keeps you here?
  3. What is the first problem the person you hire must attend to?
  4. What can you tell me about the individual to whom I would report?
  5. What kinds of processes are in place to help me work collaboratively?
  6. What's the most important thing I can accomplish in the first 60 days?
  7. What are the expectations and how will you measure success?
  8. Now that we've talked about my qualifications and the job, do you have any concerns about my being successful in this position. Great, what's our next step?
I got these from Monster but the link was not working when I tried to access it for this post.

Not all these questions apply to every position. Some of the important aspects are to understand: goings on of the organization, how you or your position fit in the organization, what the expectations are and if they can be realistically met.

No comments:

Post a Comment