Thursday, April 19, 2012

Companies want decision makers

I read this article today: http://www.ere.net/2012/04/18/are-you-hiring-deciders-or-drifters/

I agree. Most of my clients are looking for people who feel confident that they can figure out the problems that are weighing on their organization and fix them. They want people that can make decisions.

The best way to prove that you are this type of person is to first, ask questions about their pressing problems or the problems specific to the position you're interviewing for. Second, give them a map of how you would go about solving the problem and/or how you've solved similar problems in the past.

2 comments:

  1. Great point. I think that people need great communicators that can demonstrate how a solution can help a business reach their goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting; however, in my experience in the telecom industry, I've found that there are too many micromanagers out there that don't actually trust you to make the decisions, but insist on making the decisions for you thereby neutralizing your ability to make decisions for your own project.

    ReplyDelete