Friday, April 15, 2011

Guy Loses Job because of Social Media Post

Have you ever wondered if social media posts can cost you the job or get you fired?

I just witnessed it. I sent a candidate to my client, a prestigious organization, and they really liked him. They wanted to move forward to the next step with this candidate. It was exciting.

Suddenly, the client called me out of the blue and said they were no longer interested. I was of course caught off guard and a little shocked. I was thinking why the sudden change in interest. When I asked why, they said one of the hiring managers did a little research on the guy and found a social media site where he had a semi belligerent post. They said given the content and his attitude in the post, they had no desire to hire him.

Good guy, good company, costly post!

No comments:

Post a Comment